Thursday, July 18, 2013

Company Rave: SheaTerra Organics







MY SON HAS DELICATE SKIN. whenever he gets too hot or the weather gets too warm he breaks out into a heat rash and eczema at once; and it will stay for months on end.  When my son first broke out in eczemaic heat rash nothing helped; not otc creams, not baby lotions, not body butters, not even prescription sterioids. 

I didn't fee; comfortable loading my son's delicate skin with steroids.  So after thorough reserch on eczema, I came across an article that stated that patient's with moderately severe eczema had full remission after using Tamanu oil.  Further research sent me to SheaTerra Organics. I ordered a bottle of Tamanu oil, slathered it all over my son's skin-and BAMM he was in remission after about 10 days.

Their packaging is lovely, it comes in a glass amber vial with a dropper, which makes me feel comfortable because i know that the oil is being protected from photodamage or degredation.  What i didnt like is that after about 4 months of use on my son's skin, the dropper suddenly started leaking this strange, black goo from the rubber part. 

By this time my son's skin was perfect, so I just set the bottle aside and totally forgot about it.  Now that summer was coming i wanted to be prepared; but wait- uh oh, i had forgotten to get in contact with SheaTerra about this. by this time it had been 10-11 months.  I was sure they weren't going to do anything about it, but i figured it was worth a shot.

So i emailed SheaTerra and explained my situation. i was shocked when i received an email THE FOLLOWING MORNING letting me know that a replacement bottle had been shipped and  they provided me with a confirmation and tracking number, no questions asked and no pictures for proof were necessary. SERIOUSLY? AWESOME!!! When the parcel arrived, i was pleasantly surprised that they threw in a few freebies- a very generous sample of a sage and cinnamon bath soap and a sample vial of Ootanga oil (it smells lovely, like shea butter and has the consistancy and color of argan oil).

  the oil is a lovely viscous oil, its thinner than castor but thicker than olive.  It has a color similar to chartreuse, and it has an..interesting scent.  IMO it smells of uncooked bacon and earth...Bad description, sorry. :)



lovely color and luxurious texture











the oil rubbed in. (using it to treat the burn on my hand)

And best of all, they have changed their packaging- now its a sturdy little pump dispenser, which i love as its easier to use.

How wonderful is a company that they are so quick to take care of a customer's concerns. SheaTerra Organics really went above and beyond what was expected of them, they have, by far, THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED; no really.

I hope you will check out their lovely website. They have an extensive array of skincare items; cleansers, oils, steaming syrups, butters and such.  They are VERY affordably priced when compared to companies offering the same exotic oils-- at twice the cost for half the amount...tisk tisk.

I hope you will check out SheaTerra Organics; They are a wonderful company who knows how to keep their patrons happy.

I'd like to know, what oils do you use for your skin ailments?

Have a lovely weekend!

Celina
 

Ps- some info on Tamanu oil here
      SheaTerra Organics website here

No comments:

Post a Comment